Friday, March 7, 2014

Here We Are...

Almost 2 years later and I find myself in Sochi, Russia for the Paralympic Winter Games. The last 3 weeks have been a whirlwind as I finished my 4th season as head coach of the Coronado High School Girls Swim Team. Season ended March 20th with the team banquet. State meet was February 14-15th in Ft. Collins and the girls swam with such heart that showed in their performances!!! Great efforts by all- so proud of everyone. As for the banquet, I think it's the first one I have truly enjoyed. Banquets always make me nervous having to stand in front of 100+ people and talk about all 40 girls. This year I felt more prepared with notes and thoughts about the season. It was a great night celebrating these girls and everything they accomplished from some folks learning to swim and others qualifying for and competing at the state meet and swimming season and lifetime bests.


So following the day after the banquet I had the fortunate experience of being invited on a hut trip to Francie's Hut outside of Breckenridge. Met up with my Jasmine Friday amd and we had a great day skiing at Breck with my friend Dave (my ski yoda) and Matt and Jake. Beautiful day, nice snow and great people. Apres ski at Mi Casa is always a must. Then it was off to Francie's hut as we still had a 2 mile skin to get back to the cabin. Skied in under the stars and arrived at 10ish to a full cabin, lots of whiskey and a game of cards against humanity. We adventured Saturday, had a great meal that night and then loaded out Sunday and hit Breck again for some great skiing. Back to the Springs for a few days of work before heading out to Russia on Thursday, Feb. 27th.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment